Friday, December 7, 2012

It's Been A While

New Beat To Things

Sorry it has been a few days since I have written or updated anything. I seem to be running everywhere nowadays, especially to my finals. My classes are almost over and I couldn't be more excited with another semester done and gone and things just seem to be looking up from here.


I now weight 224 pounds and the weight seems to be melting away. Food just seems to be an object to me and now hunger pains are just something in the past. I thought that everyday would be as hard as the last but that doesn't seem to be the truth. I know that I'll have hard days before me but I couldn't be more excited.

And confusing my immune system...? Has worked like a charm! I always burn as many calories as I take in to make sure that I can get the maximum weight loss possible and I'm just getting closer to my goal and this week has seemed to go by extremely fast. I used to sit and wonder why time was so slow since I started all of this but now that does not seem to be the case.

I'm not trying to sugar coat how hard this is. It is still hard but now that I have become busy, I don't seem to think about things, such as food, like I used to. I may become hungry but I don't have much time or the patience to wait for it. I was able to overcome my plateau and get closer to my weight loss goal and that just makes me want to succeed even more. 

I can finally say that I am proud of myself but the hard road isn't over yet. I have over 100 pounds to go and that may take me a while but I know that by continuing what I am doing, I'll be able to reach my goal in a timely manner. I don't want to become obsessed or anything, and so I'm going to take one obstacle at a time.

Tips to Losing Weight... Like I have Been:

- Drink 64 ounces of water a day. (Equivalent to 4 regular sized water bottles.) Sip them throughout the day, do not drink it all at once. If you do, you will bloat and more than likely gain all water weight and feel miserable.

- Drink plenty of things with antioxidants. This confuses your immune system and your body will not go into "starvation mode." Also, the hunger pains won't be like they would be if you did not eat or drink anything all day.

- Get plenty of sleep. The more you sleep, the less the hunger pains will feel. Your body will be more relaxed and you will not feel compelled to eat and feel guilty.

- Exercise, exercise, exercise. You may not like the thought of it at all but if you want to burn more fat and calories, that is the best way to do it. Start out doing 30 minutes 3-5 times a weeks and increase the days and time increments as you go along so you don't get stuck at weight plateaus. You burn fat through energy and so when you sweat, good bye fat!

- When you do eat and get those tiny calories that are so dreadful, keep it all healthy! Eating an entire cucumber has less calories to those jolly ranchers that you have been snacking on and healthy foods help eat fat, especially blueberries and grapefruit. You'll be able to lose the fat, and not worry about losing muscle tone. 

- Keep yourself busy. If it is a slow day for me, I feel like I need to eat otherwise I don't know if I will survive. Sad, I know, but deep inside everyone, I'm sure that is true for them also. Read a book or just clean the house and if all fails, just take a small nap to get things off of your mind. You don't want to feel guilty and not eat anything the next day in hopes of that may help. It's doubtful because then you've started starvation mode and your body slows down.

These tips have definitely worked for me and I thought that I would share them with my audience. I learned the hard way, as many of you have and so any tips can always be helpful sometimes. I have lost 13 pounds in two weeks and this is what I have followed and I have over stepped each plateau that I have reached. 


Quotes of the Day:

"A hard beginning maketh a good ending."
- John Heywood 

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
- Lao-Tzu

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."
- Seneca

"He who chooses the beginning of the road chooses the place it leads to. It is the means that determines the end."
- Harry Emerson Fosdick





(DISCLAIMER: (1) This blog is for my updating purposes only. It is not used to direct people into the same exact situation as myself. Caution should be known when trying the same ideas as my own. I do not recommend nor do I encourage individuals to try this. I take responsibility for myself and the actions of myself; not others.
(2) The ideas in this blog come from my own mind. The quotes are from their own individual authors. I do not take responsibility for the author's ideas in these quotes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment